Another inspection camera question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its been a while since there were any posts on inspection cameras so heres hoping some of you good people have recent experience of them.

I need to buy one to look inside the cavities through 63mm holes to check the progress of mineral wool extraction so if anyone has a recommendation bases on personal use then I would be most grateful if they would share?
Thanks
litl

Sponsored Links
Mine is a £40 camera, courtesy from Lidl and a prompt from Dave54. Its a Powerfix Profi+.
Unbelievable value with LED's on the end of the gooseneck which is 1m long and the last 50mm of the gooseneck probe isn't flexible......I guess the gooseneck diameter is 12mm. The screen is 50 x 40mm and the power requirements are 4 x AA (supplied.)
How they do it I'll never know but I reckon its perfect for what you need!
John :)

Thanks John it does sound ideal, will give a clear view at 4 to 5 ft distance?
I really need a camera in the next few days though so couldn't wait for them to come in store again and may have to look for something else

I've just had a play with the camera, and with the brilliance on full the focus is still sharp at 5', somewhat to my surprise! This is in my lounge, lights off. It would do what you need - and it's certainly remarkable for the price.
I'd certainly buy another, but my needs wouldn't merit purchasing a more expensive one.
Hope you get sorted!
John :)

Sponsored Links
I have the bosch inspection camera and that works well in cavities all tho I was hoping to plug it into my lap top for a much bigger picture, I believe the new model has this feature.

after doing some research came across a camera Called an eazyview tradesman which looked good.
I found that our local city plumbing had them on offer for £102 so bought one and am quite impressed.

Bad points...no flipping of the picture
first battery not holding up too well, could be because im playing around with it.

Good points...has usb and av port
takes sd card
has internal memory,stills and video
software can be updated
accessories available including 20m drain camera and telescopic extension for roof chimney and gutter inspection.
http://www.eazyview.com/product/eazyview-tradesman-inspection-camera/

litl

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back