Another moes query

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Bought one of these on a whim thinking it was an easy swap. Heres my current system

Glowworm energy 18s gas boiler
Danfoss 2 channel programmable controller. https://store.danfoss.com/gb/en_GB/...rogrammers/Type:-FP715/p/087N7898?updated=ALL

There's two motorised zone valves in the airing cupboard - one for heating one for the hot water for circuit

The thermo stat in the hallway is a flash brand - https://www.rvr.ie/products/room-thermostat-1

What I'm looking to fit is a moes thermostat in place of the flash thermo stat. Wiring of existing set up and back of new stat included. Any help gratefully received!

Attachments

• 20201025_121350.jpg
    20201025_121350.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 182
  • 20201017_171129.jpg
    20201017_171129.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 20201018_193950.jpg
    20201018_193950.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 173
Sponsored Links
There's two motorised zone valves in the airing cupboard - one for heating one for the hot water for circuit
So the normal way is the thermostat works the motorised valve, and the valve turns heating on/off. So the two core and earth likely goes to a wiring centre near to the motorised valve.

Your problem is no neutral, and borrowed neutrals are very dangerous, so either line and neutral from another point or change to three core cable. If cable was brown, black, grey you would not have blue, so seems likely two core and earth.

We are told that all items with central heating should be powered from same supply, but mine has 10 supplies, OK 9 are pairs of AA batteries in the TRV heads, but still I have 10 supplies, so existing wires go to 1 and 2 and new supply to 3 and 4. Or swap whole cable.

In the wiring centre the only colours you can trust are the cables from the motorised valve. Brown, Blue, Grey and Orange, and the central heating valve brown will go to thermostat. The domestic hot water brown will go to tank stat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back