Another Nest install question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

Just moved into a new build (ish) house (2015) which has a ideal logic es35 boiler and two danfoss tp(4/5)000 thermostats. 1 in the hallway and 1 int he master bedroom.

IMG_0305.JPG

Looking to replace with a nest thermostat but it appears more difficult to confirm its possible than would first be suggested.

Out of the boiler is a large white wire going into the wall.

in an upstairs cupboard is a electrical box mounted to the floor with a connector block and multiple wires.

IMG_4203.JPG

This in turn is connected to two which boxes which are attached to some copper water pipes (no idea what these are, would be greatful of an explaination).

IMG_1801.JPG

From there it looks like wires from this area go to the two thermostats. Both thermostats just have a black and grey wires attached to points 2 (com) and 3 (n/o), with an unused grey wire and a ground.

IMG_5121.JPG
IMG_8084.JPG

both com and n/o dont appear on the nest compatibility checker tool and so im at a loss to figure out how to get one of these installed.

Whats more this electrical box with connector block has a multitude of wires, none of which are labeled.

Im a confident diyer given the correct information and understanding, is this a pro install needed or could anyone give me some pointers to figure out what all these parts of the system are (even just for my sanity).

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I think it would probably be best to call someone who is familiar with heating systems, and installing nest, or in your case a pair of Nest systems. You have possibly the easiest most perfect type of installation to fit nest to. The 2 boxes are 2 port valves. The wires are not labelled but from the picture posted they can all be identified without any test equipment. Information on your system is on the nest website here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back