Another numpty question - X values

vomit-smiley-007.gif

Sponsored Links
Your stomach must be stronger than mine, to cope with the thought of Agile bending over in front of anyone who butters him up. :evil:

I still don't see what this "X" is... Can you draw it?

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
Chris, if you introduce two elbows (and an extra piece of pipe) into a pipe of known length, in order to make a set, it's the distance by which each elbow increases the overall length of the original pipe.

It has absolutely no relevance whatsoever in the real world.

I thought that's what it must be, it's just that

For a 90 end feed elbow (15mm) inpact is 10mm per elbow - is obviously Too Much
For a 90 compression (22mm) impact is 11mm per elbow - is obviously Too Little
For a 90 solder ring (15mm) impact is 15mm per elbow - obviously Depends on the fitting!

Oh never mind! :D

Softus said:
ChrisR said:
Chris, if you introduce two elbows (and an extra piece of pipe) into a pipe of known length, in order to make a set, it's the distance by which each elbow increases the overall length of the original pipe.

It has absolutely no relevance whatsoever in the real world.
mmm.........it`s more pertinent to hairy arsed, no-neck iron fighting pipe fitters than copper teasing plumbers ..........but with CORGI et al. I think a pipefitter is the one to be nowadays :cry:

ChrisR said:
I thought that's what it must be, it's just that

For a 90 end feed elbow (15mm) inpact is 10mm per elbow - is obviously Too Much
For a 90 compression (22mm) impact is 11mm per elbow - is obviously Too Little
For a 90 solder ring (15mm) impact is 15mm per elbow - obviously Depends on the fitting!

Oh never mind! :D

mmm... according to my ruler the numbers are right - centre to centre measured.

I agree, the relevence is bugger all unless you have to pass the standard.

Anyway thanks for the.............errrr..................help....................

Look on bright side jurgen you will have Agile bending over backwards to help you which could have been a lot worse if he had bent over forwards for ya. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back