Another Potterton Suprima with a lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Great site and already learned a lot about the Potterton Suprima from other people's posts. I'm not too sure I've found the answer to my issue though.

I have a Suprima 60 that has an intermittent fault. At least once a day it lockouts out and I have to reset it, it restarts immediately. From what I gather the PCB is usually the issue on these boilers, this was my first port of call. Having a good friend on the same estate with the same boiler he let me borrow his PCB. Having fitted it the boiler did exactly the same thing the following evening, for the record my friend's boiler is working fine. I have also swapped the termperature sensor with little success.

My pump, thermostats and motorized valves are all working as they should, I wonder if any of you experienced guys could maybe give me some pointers. I'm happy with a multimeter if I know what sort of measurements I should be getting from the components, although being intermittent will I be able to spot it??

Robbo

Sponsored Links
You cannot replace any part on this boiler without going into the combustion chamber, forum rules state we cannot give diy gas advice

The advice now would be that both you and your friend should have their boilers checked by an RGI for safety.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back