Another PVA question???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Couldn't find an answer for this.

Initially the wife wanted some boxing wallpapered over with lining paper in the bathroom. So I used watered down PVA to seal it, now she's changed her mind & want's it just painted. Is it going to cause any problems?

The boxing is made up of MDF & ply that i had laying about. The paint we are going to use is acrylic eggshell. Can i just use the eggshell straight away or primer first, if primer oil or water based? Cheers

Sponsored Links
PVA has no use in decorating
or much else.
Painting over it will fail.
Cheers flameport: If i sanded the boxing, would that sort it out or would i still have residue of glue lurking about somewhere?

You can wet it with warm water spray and scrape off the sludge. Finish with an old dry towel.

Resolve never to put glue on a wall agzin.

Sponsored Links
I'd give it a good sand with 120 grade to remove pva. I use electric sander but you can do it by hand.
Then paint.

Be fine

I'd give it a good sand with 120 grade to remove pva. I use electric sander but you can do it by hand.
Then paint.

Be fine
Cheers Wayners: Do I need to use primer or undercoat before eggshell paint

Over wood yeah. What you got as a primer?

The eggshell application guide state prime bare wood?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back