another room another ceiling another question.

J

jerholdsworth

more ceiling questions,just removed 6 downlighters,made good holes with plasterboard and plaster,thats all ok.
ceiling colour is peppermint matt emulsion (sad green to me) and i want to paint it white emulsion.
the ceiling is not perfect due to repairs and 1 joist above fitted approx 4mm lower so a shadow effect.
so what is the best emulsion to use and can i have a stipple effect by useing special roller.
i just want to get rid of the shadow efect.
thanks in advance.
ps have pendant central light now and much better.

Sponsored Links
Why not use some filler and a very broad blade or floating towel and feather this across the area that is a bit low, then sand it down gently.
Emulsion paint wont stipple enough, even when its thick to hide any lumps well enough. You would need Aretx or a texured paint.

thanks robbie.
it has already had the fill and feather treatment.so i am just now looking for an emulsion that will hide the imperfections as much as possible.
also i see there are various types of white emulsion,trade,matt,supermatt,contract matt etc.
which one is the best to help with imperfections.

many thanks.

I agree with Robbie uk with regards to the stippling.

As far as the best paint to hide/disguise imperfections goes, I would suggest you go with a non vinyl, ie something like Contract or Supermatt as it is for a ceiling. It's not that either will really hide the problems but moreso that they will not accentuate it which vinyls, especially silk, tend to do.

Sponsored Links
All paints will highlight imperfections silks will highlight them while matts will tend to only subdue them so in your case a matt finish would be the way to go, there are available stipple effect rollers for emulsion paints these are often called honeycomb but to achieve a uniform finish is rare.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back