Another Soil Pipe question with image

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to connect A to C via B. The horizontal distance between A and the wall is about 70cm. The vertical distance betwen A and B is about 1.4m. The vertical distance between B and C is about 1m. The horizontal distance between A and C is about 1.4m

So issue is, I'd really like to keep soil pipe close to the wall between A and B, but between B and C it doesn't matter. Ideally, I'd get from A to B using three 90's, from A turn right, turn down, then turn right to get to B. But this would mean connecting 2 x 90's on top of each oither immediately from A due to the tight distance.

I could live with using 2 x 135's between A and B, using a single 90 between B and C.

Any thoughts?

Added - this is a plan view!

Sponsored Links
I need to connect A to C via B. The horizontal distance between A and the wall is about 70cm. The vertical distance betwen A and B is about 1.4m. The vertical distance between B and C is about 1m. The horizontal distance between A and C is about 1.4m

So issue is, I'd really like to keep soil pipe close to the wall between A and B, but between B and C it doesn't matter. Ideally, I'd get from A to B using three 90's, from A turn right, turn down , then turn right to get to B. But this would mean connecting 2 x 90's on top of each oither immediately from A due to the tight distance.

I could live with using 2 x 135's between A and B, using a single 90 between B and C.

Any thoughts?

Sort of confusing unless you expect the waste to go uphill! - From A you say turn right ? you mean left? Then you say turn down (on the way to C!)?

You don't have all the dimensions needed for a constructive solution so I would suggest you add more information and retype the lot!

Hi - it's a plan view, looking from A - so waste doesn't go uphill. So I do mean turn right looking from above. I think I have also highlighted some measurements that are sufficient to describe the situation (I use the term vertically and horizontally in respect of the diagram, so you know the distances I mean - it's not "literally" vertically).

So issue is, I'd really like to keep soil pipe close to the wall between A and B, but between B and C it doesn't matter. Ideally, I'd get from A to B using three 90's, from A turn right, turn down, then turn right to get to B. But this would mean connecting 2 x 90's on top of each oither immediately from A due to the tight distance.

Any thoughts?

I see what you are trying to say now. Its a good job you don't read drawings for a living!

You need the distance from A to the wall on the right i.e. from centre of the pipe to the face of the wall with B in it and not approximate.
You need distance from the "top" wall to B (again centre of pipe)
You need the "left" to "right" distance from Wall with B in it to C
You need distance from C to the "top" wall where C is the end of the pan outlet.
Show the wall thinckness's

All measurements should be to the centre of the proposed pipe. "Approximate" does not cut it if space is tight.

For two 92 1/2 degree bends together consider using spigot/socket bends
If any of the pipework is concealed consider using solvent weld fittings.
Allow for the space brackets take up

Using your terminology, is there any reason why you can't go up from C through the wall and left across to A then a vertical drop at one end or the other for the height difference

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back