Another soil vent question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. I have read ****loads on the forum, and can't come to a decision myself.
in the attached picture the green is my plan, but does it need venting?
I plannned the pale green to be inside the house, there is an ideal gap for it there, and the bright green to be outside, just to reduce the number of pipes on the outside really.
There is no loft space above the shower room, and if it was a solution, the main stack could be extended straight up, but by the time it is far enough above the window over the door, it is getting closer to the opening rooflights.- a metre above the window gives me 2m to the opening roof lights, but they are above it, clearly.
I'll submit this now before I talk myself into something..

Jim

Sponsored Links
is that the only stack to the property and what style of house is it.

Soil should be a metre above windows etc, if you terminate below the loft windows then, this will not conform to BR's :confused:

HI fitz1.
It is the only stack. the property is a semi, and we are the right hand side, although the area of the shower room has no next door. We have put a 2 and a half storey extension on what was a ground floor bathroom. This remains a single storey bathroom next door. It's built to recent specs. Brick.

good point Godknows.
That's a stack up to the apex of the roof then.

:LOL:

Jim

Sponsored Links
We're at the end of a sewer that serves these two houses, then joins into another larger one. Previously there was no venting. It went to a ground floor wc and a rainwater gulley

Jim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back