another switch problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just purchased a new 2way 2gang switch, £2.29 from wickes, very nice indeed, however, it's different to the switch I want to replace. Pls help.

My current setup is, i have a 2 gang switch, one controls the kitchen light which also has another switch on the circuit, the other switch controls the downstairs cloakroom (bog) which does not have another switch on the circuit.

My existing switch is the same as 2g2w.jpg on wiki but my new switch is has 2 terminal blocks which both have com, L1 & L2 but are not electrically connected.

Q1: have i bought the wrong switch?
Q2: Is it the right switch but needs wiring differently?

Have looked on wiki and can't seem to fing a diagram for this 2 way plus 1 way setup :confused: or am I just being a little bit DIM :LOL:

Sponsored Links
:oops:

Ta very much. Sometimes things are much simpler than they look. But better to be safe than sorry.

Sponsored Links
they're also not connected as top and bottom, but as 2 triangles..

see pic below for basic idea ( ignore coloured circles, they were for another posters question.. )

mattswitch.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back