Anti-Surge socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know where i can buy anti-surge 13 amp sockets, not the trailing kind but to install flush in three compartment trunking. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
An electrical wholesaler?

They are very expensive though, and I guess you'll need a few if you are using 3 compartment trunking.

They also stand off the trunking by about 25mm

Would it not be better to install a TVSS at the mains, and use standard, section 607 compliant socket fronts?

Try asking for MK part number K1826, if you want to use filtered sockets

Thanks RF, just googled that part number you posted. Radionics site sells them for £55.40 :eek: Not sure if customer wants to pay this but IMO it's better than having to pay for new equipment. Trunking run is in a study and two or three filtered sockets would suffice for the IT gear getting used. Additional standard 13 amp will be for desk lamp, heater shredder,etc. Also incorporating two phone jacks and two coax points, thought trunking would look neater than a lot of chasing out and will make additions/alterations easier. Any idea how often the cartridge would need replacing in these or does this depend on the amount or spikes and surges :?:

Sponsored Links
I have trunking in my home office, with these MK sockets in. They've been in since 1999, and I have never changed the cartridges.

A piccy will follow shortly.

Went into local City Electrical today, they stock Clipsal filtered sockets exactly the same as these:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/10502...lipsal-2G-Surge-Clean-Earth-Skt-Polycarbonate

Could'nt believe it when they quoted me £46.00 per socket (this was after a 55 % discount, without which cost was £105.00 each ???)

Is it just me or are City not as cheap as they used to be? Asked about replacment cartridges and spotty kid behind counter had'nt a clue what i was talking about. Sockets now ordered from Screwfix.

Thanks all for advice.

The clipsal filtered sockets are good, as I have 3 of them at home made up into 3, 2 gang surge protected extension leads, by using a 45mm plastic back box with cord grip & some 3 core flex with a 13a plug on it. I have 1 for the Hifi (with a 4 gang extension lead pluged into both outlets), 1 for the B/W & Colour Laserjet printers, & the last 1 is for the pc.

A piccy will follow shortly.

MKFilterSocketTrunking.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back