Any advice? ((job interview))

Sponsored Links
Not sure if anyone else has said it, but council's are focused on your experience with your chosen trade more than anything else. Even if you don't have any, talk about when you helped your dad fit some new radiators and your new bathroom suite, and how he always gets you to replace the washers in taps that are leaking etc.. ;)

I am in the same position as you, I am going for an apprenticeship straight at level 3 to finish my apprenticeship. Got a phone call today asking for my current employers info for references, if all checks out I got it :)

Good luck buddy.

Thanks mate, I haven't been able to get much experience in the real world apart from a plumber who gave me a few weeks with him. I left school last year and was unable to find an apprenticeship so I went and did the technical city and guilds certificate in plumbing, hopefully that goes in my advantage!

Hi lads (and ladies)

We have many lads, but where did you get the idea that we have ladies on this forum?

A couple of tarts and the odd slapper, but no ladies.

JML is now running, ducking and diving... :LOL:

I opted for the politically correct introduction :LOL:

You'll go far young man! ;)

One other thing to remember, body language!
Don't slouch in the chair, sit upright but relaxed and DON'T fold your arms! Its seen as putting up barriers and not allowing people to see the real you. Sit with your hands in your lap or gently resting on your thighs. This is where a folder/files come in handy as you can hold them across your lap in a relaxed manner and it stops you twisting your fingers into knots with nerves.
Just be yourself, be relaxed and be honest.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
When is the interview by the way?

Hi lads (and ladies)

We have many lads, but where did you get the idea that we have ladies on this forum?

A couple of tarts and the odd slapper, but no ladies.

JML is now running, ducking and diving... :LOL:

I opted for the politically correct introduction :LOL:

You'll go far young man! ;)

One other thing to remember, body language!
Don't slouch in the chair, sit upright but relaxed and DON'T fold your arms! Its seen as putting up barriers and not allowing people to see the real you. Sit with your hands in your lap or gently resting on your thighs. This is where a folder/files come in handy as you can hold them across your lap in a relaxed manner and it stops you twisting your fingers into knots with nerves.
Just be yourself, be relaxed and be honest.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
When is the interview by the way?

Thanks for the advice! The interview is on the 10th, will let you all know how its goes. Fingers crossed!

Sponsored Links
You've been given excellent advice. Don't know if you've heard the saying 'fail to prepare, prepare to fail' but you've certainly passed that 'test' and you are showing initiative.
I wish you lots of luck. I'm sure you'll do well, you sound like a really nice lad :D

One of the old tarts/slapper (allegedly) :cry: :cry:

You've been given excellent advice. Don't know if you've heard the saying 'fail to prepare, prepare to fail' but you've certainly passed that 'test' and you are showing initiative.
I wish you lots of luck. I'm sure you'll do well, you sound like a really nice lad :D

You're not THAT old Kar. ;) :LOL:

(scurrying away......)

Thanks for the good luck message :D, I feel confident in my own abilty and think I stand just as much chance as anyone else going for it as I worked hard to get my GCSEs and have already completed two aspects of the apprenticeship (technical certificate and keyskills) and just need the actual work based section. The only thing I'm worried about is that I don't yet have a driving license and I know that will probably go against me although my driving test is about 15 days after the interview.

Don't stress about a driving licence. As an apprentice you will certainly not be sent on jobs alone, if you do site/domestic work it will be with a tradesman who will undoubtedly hold a full licence. Also, even if you passed your test tomorrow most company insurances won't cover you for at least 2 years anyway so it won't stand in the way of a successful application. For one of your questions at the interview you could ask if you passed your forthcoming test would you be expected to drive company vehicles right away.

Once again, don't get stressed and good luck. ;)

And if it all goes t*ts up, the old slappers on here are always willing to dish out a condolence prize :eek:

And if it all goes t*ts up, the old slappers on here are always willing to dish out a condolence prize :eek:

Heres hoping it doesn't go t*ts up then :eek: :LOL:

Well here are then, heres your first bit of Good Luck.
I've thanked you for posting an interesting thread so you're off the mark after only 8 posts.

(By the way, I am a 'male' Conny, not a female Connie so I'm not an old slapper! Well I'm not a slapper anyway! :LOL: )

Put it this way daneski, I'm going to buy a new suit and some shoe polish tomorrow :D

Oh I see, I get the picture (conny and daneski :evil: )

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me
think I'll go and eat worms blah, blah, blah :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Back