Any easy way to move the toilet waste pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we had a corner toilet and as we are in the renovation stage we'd like to move the toilet to the left so it's near or centre under the window. I was thinking of back to wall toilet like the below.

How would you guys do it on a low budget?

1 Some magic from inside the bathroom?
2 Break the waste pipe join from outside boar and attach a new pipe in wanted position?
3 replace the entire iron pipe?
4 other suggestions or layouts...

Cheers,
Sparky

Attachments

• iOS Image - 2158983018.jpg
    iOS Image - 2158983018.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 351
  • iOS Image - 2759690239.jpg
    iOS Image - 2759690239.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 298
  • iOS Image - 3849277294.jpg
    iOS Image - 3849277294.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 227
  • iOS Image - 291619915.png
    iOS Image - 291619915.png
    236.2 KB · Views: 270
Sponsored Links
run a new section of waste pipe plastic, from new position to stack outside, cash allowing replace all the cast iron too. an elbow ,a branch and 9 mtrs of pipe.not that expensive .

is that wet patch on the floor from the boiler pressure relief pipework ? or a leak from the conveniently placed "outside loo " ??

Thanks very much. I think we'll replace the lot while doing so. We'll hire the drill from HSS to bore a nice new hole, I'm thinking of doing it with a mate.
One question I have and that is if we do break the cast iron pipe do we need to dig right down to the base (where the step is) or can we just slip the new pipe into the cast iron pipe?

The water patch was likely from the removed toilet, boiler has been switch off for a while now.

Sponsored Links
if you want to take all the cast iron out, you would have to dig out around step. although cast iron and plastic are totally different sizes and do not connect directly to one another ,there are couplers that will enable you to do it. so you could leave a section of cast in situ.

Have a look at a DC115 connector to take plastic to cast iron.

Many thanks for both your comments ill look into it further. I'm not to keen on breaking up the step etc although it would look better if it was one piece but I think I could live with it...

Flexicon rubber coupler, similar to the DC115, cut the cast just below that lower joint with an angle grinder, 4" plastic into a 4" branch for the toilet then continue up and vent up and over the gutter line.

It would be a shame to lose the cast iron if it doesn't need changing. No need to flippantly destroy the character of the place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back