Any GS registered person up for a boiler challenge in S. Cumbria ?

Sponsored Links
Out of curiosity, am I right thinking that Vokera does not have a modulating burner, too old? So turndown is done by manually adjusting the burner pressure.

Flowmatic 20/80 Has a two stage modulation. I can find out as not sure, 1.7mb is low burn and full burn is 10mb. The modulation setting to low burn is quite quirky in that the mod coil is powered up for 1.7mb setting, no power to mod coil gives 10mb.
Posted picture was of a boiler that is 30 or approaching 30 years of good service. In those days the serial no had a letter and a number followed by serial no- N1 would have been made in ninety one

Thanks for that. I hadn't thought modulating boilers were available that far back, but clearly I was wrong.

Unless I am mistaken, Sine 18 is way older than Vokera excel. Sine 18 modulated.
Vaillant VCW 242/ 282 modulated which was not electronic but via an air pump similar to one used to aerate water in a tropical fish tank

Sponsored Links
But it is a lot older than your boiler so isnt really relevant, of course older boilers can be kept going

Ian the relevance of posting the picture was that Excel came after the Flowmatic. If someone wants rip out the Excel, I am saying I have several Vokeras I look after that predate the excel- that is the point I was making :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back