Any idea how inefficient this oil fired trianco is?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As per the title really... My understanding is that a new one should be able to achieve 93%?

Sponsored Links
New boiler will consume capital, old boiler consumes revenue. Inefficient boilers are financially more attractive than buying a short-lived new one with all the additional expense involved - unless of course the old one has already thrown its hand in.

And you won't be able to warm your boots on a well insulated "efficient" one :(

I would expect to achieve a net efficiency of around 90% on a Eurostar, as long as someone has not marmalised the baffles previously. If new baffles are required at any point, they may be difficult to obtain.
A 'steamer' would give around a 97% net efficiency, so as the yanks would say, "Do the Math!"

I hear where you're coming from, and at the current low low price of heating oil I expect a new one isn't justified, but I wondered if a 25 year old one is running at something silly like , say, 60%?

Sponsored Links
Typical efficiency for a well-maintained Trianco Eurostar is around 80-85%. You'll never recoup the cost of replacing it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back