Any idea where to get this skirting top?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. Any ideas where I could source this kind of topper to the skirting? Have a section missing where a radiator is being removed.

Attachments

• IMG_7821.jpeg
    IMG_7821.jpeg
    288 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7820.jpeg
    IMG_7820.jpeg
    317.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_7819.jpeg
    IMG_7819.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 56
Sponsored Links
It looks like a common architrave/moulding. Although you will have to basically cut a small slice off and shop around or find a way to trace the profile.
The skirting looks like it’s made up of common parts.

If you cannot find a wood yard with that profile you could …

Take off all the profile in the room and replace with new as close as possible

Find a wood yard /shop to copy the profile. ( this might be expensive)

Remove the profile from a smaller room if it’s the same, fit new to the smaller room.
Or if there is a wardrobe/cupboard, steal it from there.

As above, it might be cheaper to replace the whole lot.

The last time that I asked my local timber yard to replicate some missing picture rail, they warned me that it would cost £300 just to have the spindle moulder cutters made.

As an aside, why are there gaps in the MDF?

My local yard is £40 to set the cutter then X amount per metre to run off.

Cutter is just a allen key and adjust to get the shape I think

Sponsored Links
As above, it might be cheaper to replace the whole lot.

The last time that I asked my local timber yard to replicate some missing picture rail, they warned me that it would cost £300 just to have the spindle moulder cutters made.

As an aside, why are there gaps in the MDF?
The gap in the MDF is where the top part attaches to the base of the top part (it has a small piece at the base that fits the gap)

Another option, we have a Yeti CNC at work. Nothing to do with my department though.
I am on a Facebook Yeti page.
One guy was machining a profile of a cornice so I imagine that someone could use a CNC router to make a profile?
Maybe cheaper than having a spindle moulder made up?

My local yard is £40 to set the cutter then X amount per metre to run off.

Cutter is just a allen key and adjust to get the shape I think

That sounds extrondarily cheap. That said, they may have an appropriate cutter.

i think the answer here is to steal a piece from somewhere else in the house....

@opps

I think my local hardware store/woodwork shop has all the cutters good to go tbh. They have been in business for over 60 years so easy money to grab one already setup.

Also they have a kit that makes the profiles as well, so no great effort. Not seen it in action but know plenty that have used the service

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back