Any ideas about "Chop-Cloc"?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen a device which they claim saves energy (=money!) by switching off the heating for certain periods: Chop-Cloc

There's a video on this page: Energy Saving Tips - Spark™ - Bringing Energy to Life

I was wondering whether anyone has ever seen/installed/used one, and do they recommend it?

I assume it works on a similar principle to driving carefully rather than foot flat to the floor then braking at every opportunity... If you see the analogy!

Thanks for any useful contributions!

Stephen

Sponsored Links
A £70 device designed for persons who want to spend their life adjusting controls.

Everyone else just replaces the old thermostat with a TPI type for the same or less money.

Sponsored Links
similar principle to driving carefully rather than foot flat to the floor then braking at every opportunity... If you see the analogy!
That would be called openthem which adjusts the heating primary temperature down to the minimum necessary to avoid wasting gas. Keep the flue gases condensing. Turning it off it's also a good way to save, but you'd get cold. Turning it off for a short time every hour will use more gas not less

Edit edit edit

- Sounds like one of Chas & Dave's songs....

Last edited:
Looks like horseshit to me... does the same thing an old fashioned thermostat does, but without reference to room temperature.

A decent modern intelligent stat will achieve the same effect without leaving you cold

In that case I'm sorry, when i click on my phone it goes via some affiliate thing, but maybe that wasn't your doing!:oops:

In that case I'm sorry, when i click on my phone it goes via some affiliate thing, but maybe that wasn't your doing!:oops:
Apology accepted!!!:D I was going to say it might be something your end - all OK this end.

Here's the link as plain text in case anyone else has a similar 'affliction':

https://sparkenergy.co.uk/tips - notwithstanding an advert for Spark Energy but I'm not gaining anything from the deal!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back