any ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted on the builders forum but no replies so thought I would try here.
It may be some bodies hobby or other halves hobby.

I am looking to make an area to turn out a pony in a small area of a field.

It is simply to stretch it's legs and needs to drain so not standing in mud.

I have hard core base already but want to know what to put on top.
I am thinking just sand.

There are various horsey companies who provide 'school surfaces'. For none horsey people these are areas that need to be level and where people ride and train their horses.

I don't want anything fancy like that, just a surface that will drain for the pony to stand or roll on.

I believe that builders sand ( to me that is the bright red red stuff) just holds water and that there are various types of sand.

Any ideas appreciated. thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Surely a horsey Forum is gonna be more use than a building forum? That's why you didn't get any replies.

Point taken.
I didn't explain properly and what it is for doesn't really matter.

Some times, in the horsey world the expense trebles when in fact it needs common sense and not a 'horsey' expensive solution.

I guess I'm asking for what sand mix will offer drainage.

It doesn't matter what it is for, whether it is for a children's play area or a pony to stand on or whatever.

I wasn't meaning to sound disparaging when I said I had no replies on the builders forum.
I thought it may have sounded too 'specific' when really it was a general ask.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back