Any issues in just replacing PIRs on old Abacus system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We have an old Abacus system which I wanted to replace with a Texecom Premier 24. The main reason for this system choice is to add the GSM communicator on at a later stage. Wiring is all existing 6-core.

Given the cost of having it professionally done (ard £400 labour w/out comms module bit), I was wondering if it could be DIY'd into 3 cash-flow friendly steps:

1. replace 4 PIRs 1st (keeping old panic alarm and front door entry/exit contact)
2. replace control panel, keypad, and backup battery
3. eventually add communication module

On a scale of 1-10, how difficult do you think each stage would be for a DIY job? I'd normally review the installation manuals 1st, but can't access them as an end-user.

Thx,
Raj

Sponsored Links
It's an easy days work for a pro - about £150 would be more like it.

You can do it yourself if you like difficulty about 4.

just be carefull as the abacus used to come with comet and stella lps which only required single wire returns ( with built in zone splitter) so check the wiring first

Thanks for the advice guys!

I'll make a proper list of part numbers and get everything ordered in.

I'd be happy to just pay the £150 cash and not have the bother. PMs are most welcome... (is this ok mods?)

Raj

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back