Any opinions on Gerflor Griptex Additions vinyl flooring?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title says anyone used this? The adds say it can be used on a subfloor with imperfections but I can't find out how much unevenness it will cover. Would save a lot of work if the floor doesn't need screeding.

Sponsored Links
Vinyl cushion floor is by design a flexible product. It is a blown vinyl type product. This makes it inherantly "mouldable".

You are considering purchasing one of the more expensive vinyls, yet in the same breath you are considering cutting costs, - that doesnt really make sense to me.

To try and actually answer your questions:

In my experience customers purchase a vinyl based on colour and design, not manufacurers claims, but yes some have bought this product and no one has yet complained.
I cannot comment on claims of covering imperfections, but given my comments above I strongly doubt them.
I along with every other member of the flooring industry would be very badly failing in my job if I did not advise a customer to have an uneven floor repaired before attempting to install vinyl flooring. In your post you indicate that this would require screeding - this is not an expensive process and the effort shows in the quality of the finished floor. It is a one off process that will outlive your tenure in the property.

Finally as usual why not enquire how much a professional would charge to do the job and then balance that against the hassle and cost of struggling to do this yourself

Good luck

Thanks, just what I wanted to know, it's always best to have the opinion of someone who knows what they're doing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back