Gerflor Caralium in the Kitchen ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Refurbishing the utility room ( 3x1.4m exposed floor)+ kitchen (4 x 2.4m exposed) +adjoing day-room (4.6x4m exposed) above a full sized basement in an 1882 property.Kitchen and day-room are open plan so common flooring would be nice. Currently have carpet in the day room, one piece vinyl on top of 6mm ply in the kitchen and I just ripped up the cork tiles on top of hardboard in the utility room. The kitchen and day-room have 165mm floorboards with approx 7mm gaps between the boards. Can't currently see what state the boards are in beneath the kitchen vinyl/ply. The utility room must have had boards replaced as they are only 135mm and laid tightly together. The kitchen has a 7 x 24 Aga so is constantly warm. We're still considering the options. There's nothing straight in the house so the units are hand-built and I don't really want to remove/reinstall them.... currently undergoing painting (I finally gave in) but if they turn out cra* they'll be coming out. Laminate is out. Sanding the existing kitchen/dayroom and laying old planks in the utility is feasible but I'm a little concerned about the gaps and water in the kitchen. 18mm planks on top would need ply as they'd have to be laid in the same direction. Cupping may be a problem due to the basement and temperature variation so it would have to be engineered planks.Planks +ply is 20mm or so which would mean big cuts to the doors and architrave which are stained and Briwaxed. Also have the dilema of up to or under the kitchen units. So now considering Gerflor Carilium in the utility and kitchen and sanding the day-room. I can replace any gash boards from the kitchen. Anyone got any experience of Caralium in the kitchen ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back