Any plumbers / boiler engineers in London (west)?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Are there any plumbers or boiler engineeers in the London area (I'm from west London) that would consider allowing me to come out and help them at work (free of charge) possibly a few days per week or even at weekends? I'm really enthusiastic and hard working.

Thanks for reading my post. If you want to know anything about me, feel free to ask.

All the best

Steve

Sponsored Links
Without being funny, but there are dozens of posts like this on this and various other forums.

You need to stand out, give more details about yourself, your experience, current qualifications, what you are trying to achieve, etc, etc to stand a chance.

Ok that's a fair point.

I'm looking to learn about boiler fault finding and repair, not just boiler's though, in general all plumbing and heating situations. I'd like to gain some more experience and work hard with a qualified gas / boiler breakdown engineer.

I have done some plumbing jobs before, working on my own and with a local plumber who retired and moved away.

The jobs I have done are repairing toilets, float valves, changed a radiator vale by bunging the header tank, I have also changed thermostats (room and cylinder) and done fault finding with a digital multi meter. I've fitted a kitchen sink, towel radiator, an electric shower swap and a new bathroom suite (again for family).

I have got the following qualifications in plumbing:

City & guilds Level 2 (Basic Plumbing)
City & Guilds Level 3 (DOmestic Plumbing)
CITB unvented card
I passed the Water Regs 2 day course (a lot of it was similar to my Level 3 C&G so that helped) but have no card as do not have public liability insurance)

I am 28 years old,live in west London (near the Hayes/Northolt area).

I also want to start a gas training course ASAP at a local/west London college.

sadly you have an uphill struggle as many of us have stopped taking on apprentices/trainees because of the growing number of complete twots coming out of the colleges/training centres.
coupled with the lack of business out there due to over subscription of plumbers courses that promise but don't deliver
on top of that we are unwilling to give up our knowledge (for free) to someone who within 12 months will be our competition.
even if they are working for nothing we still have a duty to provide insurance etc for them a cost many are now unwilling to bear.

Sponsored Links
Ok. So the idiots are ruining it for genuine people :(

yes sadly true in a lot of industry. my son is at college (3rd year motor mechanics) putting up with constant bullying from toerags who think its a f***about. then in turn he cannot get into a garage as they are sick of the clowns they get from his college.

he comes out with me a few days here and there and really enjoys working!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back