Any problem with this soil pipe run?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, thanks for reading. Still working on my integral garage coversion. Is there any problem with the run of this soil pipe (2x90degree) bends in such short succession? I couldn't get the original 90 bend removed as it was stuck on theere like glue. (very limited space under stair case (usually dead space). It was put on there initially 'pointing upwards' to ensure we don't get any flow back from the main stack as this pipe as been in situe for a few months whilst I sort out all of the other jobs.
ta
KS View media item 4590

Sponsored Links
Yes it's a total bodge job :LOL:

How much wall is that 4x2 supporting?

Take out the wood and support the wall off a lintle (or suitable timber joists off a hanger) and use a single long radius bend. The orange elbows are approved for underground pipework.

Just cut through or break off the ring seal collar and the elbow will easily come off the pipe. I would also suggest you use solvent weld fittings on pipework not later accessable.

Is this lot going through building control? since they have the say so on the pipe run.

Hi,
is it really that bad :( ...
In fact above the support are three courses of brick, then part of the stair case (its one of those 2 section stair cases - steps>360bend>more steps).This brick work is below the middle section.
I will consider what to do with this again, thanks for advise!! I'll probably take supports down, have another go at the pipe join :). Then put lintel in or heftier supports. The wall to the left is the party wall, so didn't want to mess with that side of things. Project is under building notice, (garage conv)
thanks again
KS

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back