Any reason you can't use washing machine hoses for bath taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Probably a really bad thing to do for many reasons :D but I've got a couple lying about, so.... The pipes are terminated in compression joint iso valves. (Yes I'm cheap, yes I choose shortcuts over doing a proper job, no I haven't got a clue what I'm doing ;) )

Sponsored Links
Can't see a problem at all. Why not run the gas to that 15 year old boiler that you bought on Ebay with these pipes too.

I'm always looking for people who are capable of producing work to this high a standard.

Which part of Poland are you from?

Want a job? :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't do it, but then again i wont use metre long flexi hose to pipe up the bath.I cant see a good reason why you cant use them your not breaking any regs. ITS PLUMBING BUT NOT AS WE KNOW IT :(

A yes, I see we are now trawling the depths!!! You got to pity the poor people that buy houses from these DaftDIY'ers!!!

A lot of flexi hoses arn't WRAS approved but it doesn't stop them from being sold and installed by every so called plumber thats been on a 6 week training course :mad:

Can't see a problem at all. Why not run the gas to that 15 year old boiler that you bought on Ebay with these pipes too.

I'm always looking for people who are capable of producing work to this high a standard.

Which part of Poland are you from?

LOL! I was kind of expecting this so it's nice to be proved riight :D Thanks for all the replies gents!

Always happy to oblige! ;)

In theory, there's nothing really wrong with what you suggest, its just a bit of an Eastern European way of going about it.

Get yourself a pair of proper flexi tap tails from Tool Station/Screwfix. They're only about 3 quid.

LOL! I was kind of expecting this so it's nice to be proved riight :D Thanks for all the replies gents!
could`ve been worse ..I was busy so didn`t log on ;) :LOL: WRAS ..Warsaw Rated Artisan`s Supplies :idea:

While you're all here :) : the 22mm copper pipe stubs coming out of the floor are fairly short, I've put compression iso valves on them for the 'time being' (i.e. the next three years whilst I do the shower) .

However, he compression joints are weeping very very slightly: did them hand tight + 1/2 turn; another 1/8 turn(s) when they weren't sound; took them off replaced ollive, tried again but no joy. The 15mm compression joints I've done are all sound, but don't seem to have any luck with these 22mm jobs. Any ideas? I'd like to try push-fit but I presume the pipes will be too scored by the olives to be effective? Would it best to just solder a nice new length of copper on? Ta.

how easy was it to put the 2mm olives on the pipe? if very loose then you could have 3/4" pipe as opposed to 22mm, DO NOT put push fit on 3/4" pipe as they will blow off as the pipe is slightly narrower, you can get 3/4" x 22mm olives or soldered straight couplings, or you could use some extra ptfe tape

they were pretty snug. I measured the diameter, also the circumference too with paper (no calipers!) before fitting and am pretty sure they're 22mm. Ta!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back