Any Recommendations For Skirting Board Suppliers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are there any good suppliers you could recommend for MDF Ogee skirtings that has decent price, quality and availability at the moment.

I need to order some for delivery asap but the skirting I choose here will eventually be used throughout the house, so I need a decent product at a reasonable price.

Wickes has an Ogee MDF board with next day availability but they're significantly more expensive than the typical skirtings4U.com type websites.

Am I better to just bite the bullet with Wickes to ensure availability?

Sponsored Links
Have you considered a local timber yard? Generally better prices than Wickes, but those sort of businesses are often not set up for internet sales, so you'd need to ring them

Have you considered a local timber yard? Generally better prices than Wickes, but those sort of businesses are often not set up for internet sales, so you'd need to ring them

I have a couple of suppliers that we use for our trade (not the we use a lot of wood, occasionally battens and some WRC cladding and the like) which might be able to do this now that you mention it.

I'll give them a go actually.

Is that generally who you would use if you were doing a supply and install job?

This was like one of those "can't see the wood for the trees" moments, excuse the pun ... they can supply me the skirtings, facings, marine ply, CLS for my stud frame, XL Joinery doors that I wanted, gyproc and all sorts that I'm in need of right now.

(y)

Supplies are just getting worse at the moment though in general. The doors I fancied are now out of stock everywhere, if you can get things then there's weeks lead-in for it. Hopefully these guys I use through work have plenty of availability.

Sponsored Links
We have three regular suppliers on this job, plus a couple of reserves. For three or four months we've experienced a tightening of supplies together with some eye watering price hikes. It's not just been timber, either. There have been shortages in screws, resin anchors, dust masks (yes, really), etc. Glad your local guys could sort you out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back