Any Recommendations Or Good Deals For A Hedge Trimmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a reasonable quality and reliable hedge trimmer that will be OK for general use. It is for Ivy and some other stuff that needs cutting back so I do not need anything heavy duty, just a mid range type of model.

Out of choice, I would prefer petrol rather than electric but both considered. I was looking at the Ryobi Homelite model but it has awful feedback as being very difficult to start up?

Rgds
Jack

Sponsored Links
If you don't want to stretch to Stihl or Husqvarna - both highly recommended - then the Ryobi is fine.....at least its not Chinese (avoid any machine originating from there!)
Ryobi are doing the add on range, and they have got their spares act together at long last.
They can be awkward machines to repair - (especially the chain saws) but they use Zama or Walbro carburettors just like many other makes....I don't have any problems starting them up - 9 times out of 10 its technique every time.
John :)

Bought a Bosch electric with the long blade, excellant results and cuts thru wisteria and leylandi material up to 25mm thick with ease.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back