Any regulations on distance for clips / cleats of SWA cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm installing 6mm2 SWA cable on the outside wall and across the loft. Are there any regulations relating to the distances between cleats either inside the loft or on the outside wall?

Also any other no no's that I need to be aware of?

I intended running the cable across the loft by clipping it to the beams - well above the loft insulation.

Thanks...
Maurice

Sponsored Links
522-06-01

522-08-01 & 522-08-05

522-08-04

armoured or sheathed cables installed horizontally in inaccessible postions, where thse are unlikely to be disturbed, need not be fixed providing the surface upon which these rest is smooth.

In the loft I would usually not bother if it is a loft that is rarely used, or part of the loft where nothing is stored etc...

What looks right is right outside - there are set spacings, but as long as you use your noggin and support at regular intervals to keep the cable supported and straight, you know you are well within. The tabulated spacings are a joke - They are a minimum, and if you went by that, the cable would be sagging on horizontal runs!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back