Swa cable clip distance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When running 1.5mm 3c SWA horizontally. What is the recommended or minimum distance between clips ?

what document would the at info be in ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
When running 1.5mm 3c SWA horizontally. What is the recommended or minimum distance between clips ? what document would the at info be in ?
I hate to have to 'recommend' it, but the entirety of Appendix D of the OSG ("Methods of support for cables, conductors and wiring systems") gives guidance on this. What you probably want is ...

upload_2021-5-5_13-38-1.png

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
My 1/3Lb crosspein hammer length - put the heel of the shaft on the last clip and mark the wall with the nose of the crosspein.

I might have added that, far from uncommon with the OSG, the Table I posted above does not seem to be as clear as it could/should be.

For PVC cables, I'm not quite sure why they have singled out just "caravans" to be tabulated separately from 'everything else'. However, given that they have done it, the only entry is for the "d≤9mm" row, and the figures given are exactly the same as for the 'everything else' (other than caravans) columns for that row. However, they qualify the figures with "(for all sizes)". If that means what I think it means, should they not (for clarity) have put the same figures in all the rows for the two 'caravan' columns, rather than leaving most of them blank?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back