Any Saunier Duval Experts around??

Agile

Any other ideas on what could be the cause? I've checked everything you guys have mentioned, but still no nearer to getting to the root of the problem. Its one of the handful of components, i just need to have it confirmed which one, and i'm sure i'll be able to do the repair! :(

Sponsored Links
Without actually being at the boiler I dont think that I could make any guesses.

In any case a guess is only a guess!

Has that dreadful restaurant closed yet?

Tony

how local are you to cov? and how much would you charge to repair the fault?

The restuarant always seems to be closed when i drive past. I've not seen it open for a while! If you want to go into that kind of business, you really need to be have high quality food. Anything less then top standard and you wont last!

I come to Cov fairly often. But you would have to discuss that off the forum.

I am very pleased if that place has closed! Not only is the food apparently bad but from my point of view I like to be able to bring my bottle of wine to have with my dinner. I believe in freedom and dont like people forcing their views on alcohol on others! They will probably be the first ones to complain if covering faces in public was made illegal.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I come to Cov fairly often. But you would have to discuss that off the forum.

I am very pleased if that place has closed! Not only is the food apparently bad but from my point of view I like to be able to bring my bottle of wine to have with my dinner. I believe in freedom and dont like people forcing their views on alcohol on others! They will probably be the first ones to complain if covering faces in public was made illegal.

Tony

ok i'll drop you an email off the forums!

I agree they should allow people to bring their own drinks. I understand from their religious point of view they dont want to actually serve alcohol which is fair enough, as Muslims are not supposed to actively encourage things the religion forbids. However they should allow people to bring their own drinks if the customers want. In muslim countries like Dubai etc, although alcohol is "officially" banned, they are flexible in that theres desingated areas with resturants where alcohol can be purchased.

Sometimes people get a bit carried away with their religious observance and force their views on others, which actually goes against the fundamentals of the islamic faith!

When I worked in the middle east I had a local friend who did like a single glass of beer which he had come to like while studying in the UK.

He often came round in the afternoons, I did not serve him any alcohol but told him that he could select something to drink from the fridge.

He would take a small can of beer and drink it. During the drink if it was prayer time, he would say prayers using my prayer mat. He used to say that although he drunk a small beer, he did not get drunk and NEVER forgot to say his prayers!

He had a very nice young wife who was lovely to dance with at my parties. She had to wear an abaya ( عباية ) on the way to the house but took it off at the door.

Tony

is this for real? Fault is flow turbine / switch part number is s57202. Yours will probably have a grey section on it and a very common fault.

is this for real? Fault is flow turbine / switch part number is s57202. Yours will probably have a grey section on it and a very common fault.

Would this be the cause of the hot water not diverting to the taps when the heating is on?

The motorhead seems fine.

part s10064 seems ok, taken it apart, cleaned it, greased it, moves freely.

Is there anything that can be done (cleaning, greasing etc) to part s57202, or will it need to be changed?

Is tis the correct part?

http://www.uk-plumbing.com/saunier-duval-dhw-flow-sensor-p-31970.html

Its the flow switch, the boiler doesn't realise you want it to provide hot water because it doesn't work. You will get some hot water on an initial demand because of the preheat in the boiler. I'll try and take a picture later today....sure I'll see one.

Its the flow switch, the boiler doesn't realise you want it to provide hot water because it doesn't work. You will get some hot water on an initial demand because of the preheat in the boiler. I'll try and take a picture later today....sure I'll see one.

Thank you. that will be greatly appreciated.

Just to mention, when i turn on the hot water tap, the boiler does fire up for as long as the hot tap is turned on. However we get no hot water (apart from the little lukewarm amount from the preheat in boiler.

Many thanks once again.

boiler is firing to replenish the preheat, did you catch my post on first page to turn it off and see what happens?

sorry if this is a stupid question but how do i turn off the water preheat?!

i've had a look and shouldnt be a problem getting the flow sensor/switch out. Does anyone have any tips on how to clean this? Or will it need to be replaced?

Guys i need some advice again on my sanuier duval. The hot water has stopped working again.

The heating has not been working for a few weeks so i decided to drain down the system and add Sentinel 400. Now i am planning on leaving this in for 4 weeks.

When i refilled the system last monday, the central heating was working fine, all rads getting hot etc. The hot water was also working perfectly, and this is the first time both have worked so well in a long time. It worked well for 5 whole days.

However at the weekend i noticed i was getting no hot water from the taps. I'd get a bit of lukewarm for a few seconds and then the water would be cold.

Now i had the same problem last year. I removed the motor head from the diverter valve, and therefore had hot water all through summer. (however no heating).

I then put the motor head back on and got no hot water but hot rads.

So after advice on here, i removed the flow sensor switch, washed it out, put it back together, and then got hot water and hot rads (on the rare occasion i turnd the heating on over summer.)

However as the days got colder, the central heating would only work intermittently, some days all rads get hot, other days only the upstairs rads would get hot. However the hot water was working fine.

So last week i drained down, added sentinel 400. Everything worked fine for 5 days but now suddenly i get no hot wtaer, so the same problem i originally had.

What could be the cause? The heat exchanger has been desclaed twice so i know that can't be the problem.

Its either the cold water flow sensor, the motor head or the diverter valve.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated as i really want to get to the bottom of this once and for all.

Hello IronNaz!

Have you resolved your problem with your SD? I also have a SD heater, mine is a Themaclassic F24AS and maybe I have a somehow related problem with it.
Actually, when central heating is on the hot water diverting into the DHW circuit resulting really hot water in my external DHW tank. I replaced both side of the 3-way-valve (part S10064), but the problem remains. The diverter pin moving fine, the diverter motor seems to be working also, however I'm not sure about the distance it should move.

Thank you!

hi benedekl

The fault with mine was the motor on the diverter valve. The motor wasnt working correctly. Apparently if you listen carefully, you can hear a click as the motor kicks in to divert the water from heating to hot water. There was no click so i changed the valve, cost me about £20, and its worked fine ever since.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back