any specs for biasi m90e 32s please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im a heating engineer but mainly deal in worcesters.i have recently installled the above biasi riva compact as a favour but the customer is not impressed with the dhw temp having swithched from tank fed stored.
it s a pre used boiler with no manual so i dont know the stated flow rate or temp rise and cannot get in touch with tech support. and i have to admit the temp sucked.working inlet pressure is 20mb,burner pressure increases from 3 through 11.5 mb on the dhw dail and with flow.
burner kept cutting out on high limit so out came the plate exchanger,completley stipped and cleaned out as much as possible with the only thing to hand(fernox !!).this sorted that out but without any figures to set it up at im stuck,dont wanna get a new heat exchanger for 80 quid if this will never be as good as even a junior 28i on dhw.does anyone have more experience or tech info on these.
cheers brent

Sponsored Links
Hi

Tech data for DHW on Biasi Riva Compact M90E-32
Gas council number

Flow rate minimum 2.5 l/min
30 degree rise 15.3 l/min
35 degree rise 13.1 l/min
40 degree rise 11.5 l/min

Minimum burner pressure is 1.8mb
Maximum 11.7mb
Ignition pressure 6mb

Gas rate
min = 1.64m3/hr
Max = 3.73m3/hr

CO2 content 6.5%
CO content 200ppm max

Hope this helps

Dave T
Incorporated Engineer, Member of the Institution of Gas Engineers and Managers

If this is a second hand boiler from Ebay then it will usually have been removed for a reason!

Dirt in the plate heat exchanger is the first suspect.

Before commissioning the boiler you should have removed the pump head to check for dirt in the eye of the pump and cleaned the plate properly.

Installed on a clean system they are very reliable.

You ought to be charging extra as your installation price would have been based on a fully working boiler.

CORGI will say that you should not have installed an appliance unless you had the MI !

Tony

Sponsored Links
yea after getting in touch with tech support,and been given the dhw flow sensor readings(between 2 and 4 k at 60 degrees,i could finally rule this out.along with divertor isolation as a standard check.20 mins saw the old exchanger out and the new un in,job done.
the afore mentioned "customers " are my folks lol so no coin changed hands and rest assured its its as safe if not more so than a normal install.
this model is after going through it with a tooth comb is suprisingly good and easy to work on compared to my beloved worsesters,if not up there with em on sedbuk rating.
given price differential in these tougher times,i will now consider Biasi in future.

It is suprisingly good and easy to work on compared to my beloved worsesters
,if not up there with em on sedbuk rating.

Given price differential in these tougher times,i will now consider Biasi in future.

A new convert to the convenience and good value of Biasi boilers.

Since thats a non condensing boiler its not surprising the efficiency is a little less. The Biasi M96 model is a hybrid with the same design as the M90 but with an added stainless steel recouperator which does not leak ( unlike some other makes! )

Pity you did not check the eye of the pump though. There could always be a bit of dirt there to reduce flow and unbalance the pump!

Tony

I would have thought fitting a 5year old band "D" boiler would have broken a few regs, that could haunt someone in the future.

Apart from it being an illegal installation it will be interesting when you GWN it. :eek:

So who is going to suspect or even care that a 5 year old boiler hasn't been there for 5 years. You are right in what you say but meanwhile back on planet earth!

hi tony,id alredy looked at the eye.was sound mate.
who is this dude?ive been in oz the past year.on returning, my old mans picked himself this nice biasi up FoC which is mint in every way apart from the exchanger,and which is now 100percent tested and safe,heaps more efficent (though sbD rated) than the 22 year old potterton it replaced (which apperently had never once had seviced unbeknown to me and cycled on dhw 24/7)
how will i sleep tonight knowing my parents are safe from c,oxide poisoning?
like slugbaby says.get in the real world mate.you sound like me 10 years back having never been on a job though passing my acops.
mr knowitall rather than doitall.
BtW sluger,the service engineeres MIs were just the ticket lad.
having recently re set up as self employed, a full set for every appliance out there wouldnt go a miss.any cheap subscription sites out there? or even better free Adobe reader downloads anyone knows off?
much appreciated once again,B.

Hey up Elvis is dead or has he been spotted pretending to be an RGI in OZ :LOL:

In the real world you probably fiddle the tax man as well, but must that do so don't advertise it on a public forum. :evil:

You have fitted an illegal boiler and not only advertised the fact, but flippant with it, HaHaHaHa so what.

What sort of message does that give Genuine DIYers and posters looking for a new boiler.

Elvis the Cowboy fitted one for his old man. Perhaps you are looking for a nitch in the market with your new outfit, "Fitting illegal boilers for a few bucks"

a full set for every appliance out there wouldnt go a miss
Most of them are available either on the manufacturers website or by emailing them.
Heres a bit of a rundown on whats what.
Harder ones to get hold of are Heatline Vokera and Vaillant,
Ravenheat have most of them on their website but the 820/20t Is like rocking horse poo although you can get some more details when you know the password.
Trouble with their site is that most the downloads go wrong so try and get them now before you need them rather than later
I think you can get C&M but not Ariston The boilers are the same with different badges on. Ariston will send a good CD
The ideal mini is the same as the m90 boiler you just illegally fitted
and ideal mini HE is m96
Isar Icos and Istor you don't need manuals JUST A SKIP, even though you can get them easily on their website.
Baxi Potterton Main Myson Thorn and others are very accessible but not easily downloadable on www.partsarena.com/baxi
Wickes boilers mostly come under Halstead
Worcester Really good unless its an older model
Ferroli Really good
Glow worm are quite good, again look out for same boilers with different badges under Saunier Duval and Vaillant, Contact them also for Jaguar & Protherm [.cz]
There is someone selling a cd of them on ebay and there are some download sites. You can even get some through this DIYnot site for free > eventually . I think they are in the FAQS n that somewhere but they are a mess about.
If you're stuck theres nearly always someone on here who will send a file or two if you put your email address in your profile

sound.gonna check out the E bay then for all Mi pdfs on disk.the laptop hard drives a bit full ATM.cheers.B

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back