Any way to tidy this up?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just removed some fairly hideous boxing in from our downstairs WC in readiness for laying a new floor and found this fairly hideous pipework underneath it.

Just wondered if there was any way of tidying this installation up so that the pipework is more 'compact' and closer to the wall?

The pipe in the bottom right of the pictures is the drain from the basin.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1396.JPG
    IMG_1396.JPG
    385.4 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_1397.JPG
    IMG_1397.JPG
    388.5 KB · Views: 303
Sponsored Links
The reason the boxing was there in the first place.... Nothing you can do with the 110mm pipe without major upheaval, it looks to me like someone has already bodged it with a pan connector into the drain, may even be a clay pipe under the floor. My advice would be leave well, alone, and box it back in. Attempting any alterations could open you to a whole new world of pain.

Just wondered if there was any way of tidying this installation up so that the pipework is more 'compact' and closer to the wall?
Tbh,is the expense worth it :?: Just box it in again.

Have found a lot of bathroom boxing in to be plasterboard sometimes tiled over. To give it a fresh look have often cladded over with maintenance free upvc panels.

The radiator pictured is suffering paint defects on the lower seam, Maybe consider some action there.

Happy diying :cautious:

Sponsored Links
Tbh,is the expense worth it :?: Just box it in again.

Have found a lot of bathroom boxing in to be plasterboard sometimes tiled over. To give it a fresh look have often cladded over with maintenance free upvc panels.

The radiator pictured is suffering paint defects on the lower seam, Maybe consider some action there.

Happy diying :cautious:

Thanks, hopefully I can make a better job of the boxing in than that which went before. The radiator is already destined for the skip.

As said, needs to be boxed in, the pipe to the wc could benefit from an isolation valve for future maintenance.

If there is an external soil pipe in line with the internal one you could re orientate the wc so as to fit direct to it but as mentioned above would involve a lot of work.

Blup

Don't forget to make it so the boxing can be opened/removed for maintenance and do not cover the isolation valve to the toilet - that may need emergency access to prevent water flooding the bathroom upon a fault in the cistern.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back