Any ways I can protect myself from neighbours keeping scaffolding too long in my courtyard?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im honestly starting to think that both neighbours for the property concerned are doing everything they can to prevent me from letting it out after getting used to having an empty house for so long. Just want to protect myself, I dont trust them at all.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Put the rent up, or just move it if they don't after written notice.

Blup

Why is your neighbours scaffolding in your courtyard?

Please explain more?

Sponsored Links
Ask them to remove it by a certain date. If they don't then toss it back into their property after that date.
If they refuse to move it by the date you could always say that you will assume they no longer want it and you will sell/dispose of it, keeping the proceeds to pay for your trouble.

There has to be a bit more to this story. I can't see any neighbours being that brazen that they have used a yard that isn't theirs for storage AND are refusing to vacate the yard when requested.

There has to be a bit more to this story. I can't see any neighbours being that brazen that they have used a yard that isn't theirs for storage AND are refusing to vacate the yard when requested.
Have had the neighbour try to scam me out of money before, lieng about me damaging their property with real blatant BS.
I dont trust them and want to reduce the chances of the worst case scenarios, such as this being another scam attempt.
I think I will insist that their scaffolder company phone me tell me exactly what they need to do, why, give a timelione and prove they are a real company etc. Man I awsomely answered my own question, I want to thank myself lol.

Phone the scaffolding company and pretend you are the home owner and ask them to come and take it away.

Andy

When I read the headline I assumed it was erected scaffolding whilst they had building work ongoing. If that is so then a notice to complete in a reasonable timescale out to be senr.
Now if the neighbours are storing dismantled scaffolding then they do need tel!ing to remove it before April 5th (cause empty rental properties are subject to a 100%uplift in the council tax)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back