Anybody up to speed on vista?

Yes it definitely tried to back up the whole thing. I assumed that is because if windows itself were to become infected then the system could format C partition wiping off all traces of the operating system and whatever the driver/Trojan problem was and reinstall from a known good copy on another drive. Is that not right?
I'll do some reading up before I do anything else.
How can I get the half loaded info of the partitioned H drive? It keeps telling me it's full and cannot write to it to back up.? Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Is there a difference between 'system restore' and 'file back-up?'

I got this from the vista help files:

"Why don't I see the location I want to back up to in the Back Up Files wizard?
When you choose a location to save your backup to, the wizard searches your computer and displays a list of all locations that you can use. If the location that you want to use doesn't appear in the list, it could be due to one of the following problems:

The location is a tape drive. You can't save backups to tapes.

The location is the disk that you are trying to back up. You can't back up a disk to itself. For example, you can't back up the contents of drive E to drive E.
<END>

So you see I don't have any other options. It's either H drive (that's full) or CDrom. It seems to want to back up all the files including the operating system in case it gets corrupt.

Is this making sense or am I losing the plot?

Sponsored Links
Back