Anyine use Hilti gear?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought an SDS and combi drill in a kit, heard good things so I took the plunge! It's expensive but I'm hoping it'll last till retirement and I'm 31 :D

Also just bought a Marcrist ddm2 core drill and cores, also heard good things but not had chance to use it yet.

Anyone used this stuff?

Sponsored Links
I have their powder actuated 10 shot concrete nailer and a laser distance meter.
Thats all. Rest of my tools are between Bosch, Festool, Metabo and Makita.

Oh and also a dc125 angle grinder, really nice well balanced little grinder.

So yes, a fan of Hilti stuff.

Prefer makita for impact driver / cordless drill though

Sponsored Links
Im guessing you got them from Les at the Hilti centre at Cannon park :D :D
I have the Hilti 22v cordless sds, combi drill, impact driver, circular saw and the reciprocating saw.. Also the 36v circular saw and the PD5 laser measure..
Its all far better gear than Makita, Dewalt etc...

John.....

Im guessing you got them from Les at the Hilti centre at Cannon park :D :D
I have the Hilti 22v cordless sds, combi drill, impact driver, circular saw and the reciprocating saw.. Also the 36v circular saw and the PD5 laser measure..
Its all far better gear than Makita, Dewalt etc...

John.....

Yea I did, seems a nice fella.

I've got the 22v SDS too, got to say I'm a bit disappointed with it!

Tried it side by side with my old dewalt 18v SDS and the dewalt was much quicker.

Not sure whether to take it back and tell Les.

I'm hoping it'll last till retirement and I'm 31 :D
You must be thinking about taking cery early retirement...... Or were you thinking about when the batteries give out (circa 3 to 5 years)

I've had saws - Festool is way better - I've tried the lasers, too - which is why I bought Leica and Bosch. Some stuff is good, but often not that much better

I'm hoping it'll last till retirement and I'm 31 :D
You must be thinking about taking cery early retirement...... Or were you thinking about when the batteries give out (circa 3 to 5 years)

I've had saws - Festool is way better - I've tried the lasers, too - which is why I bought Leica and Bosch. Some stuff is good, but often not that much better
Try drilling in to brick with a Festool drill, oops sorry you can't..
How are festool way better saws? They are for totally different purposes.. Hiltis are just standard circular saws which you can also use on a track, Festools are made for cutting sheets down etc with the track. You would not cut a roof with a Festool, and I would not cut laminated boards with the Hilti.
The batteries are cheaper than most other brands if you need the 22v 3.3ah..
The lasers are no better then any other but the laser measures are very good..

How are festool way better saws? They are for totally different purposes.. Hiltis are just standard circular saws which you can also use on a track, Festools are made for cutting sheets down etc with the track. You would not cut a roof with a Festool, and I would not cut laminated boards with the Hilti.
I'd hardly call the Hilti WSC255/WSC265 models "standard saws you can also use on a track" - they are plunge saws designed for cutting sheet materials, just like the Festools are. I doubt that you'd ever take those Hiltis on a roof (I have an old Mak for that). Those Hiltis always had a particularly weak design with a quadrant arm which controls the depth of cut and is very prone to breakage. I gave up on mine when it broke for the third time; maybe I'm just careless but I've never managed to break a saw that way before or since over well over 30 years - the old Mak has been off a roof more than a few times and has yet to break once, but it has a steel base plate. For sheet materials the TS55 I replaced my WSC255 with has proven more robust and less dusty to work with. These breakages on certain Hilti saws can't be that uncommon an issue because I've seen quite a number on eBay with the self same problem (BTW £160 for a new base casting to sort it out). The smaller and bigger Hilti saws are conventional circular saws like the Bosch saws (the 235mm one is actually made by Mafell)

Can't say about the cordlesses - I use Makitas which have served me well

No - but they are damnably expensive for what they are even against the Leicas. The Hilti laser measure seems to be no better or worse than the Leica Disto I use, but again is an expensive buy in comparison

Hilti do make some good stuff, juts not the circular saws or laser stuff IMHO

I'd hardly call the Hilti WSC255/WSC265 models "standard saws you can also use on a track" - they are plunge saws designed for cutting sheet materials, just like the Festools are. I doubt that you'd ever take those Hiltis on a roof (I have an old Mak for that). Those Hiltis always had a particularly weak design with a quadrant arm which controls the depth of cut and is very prone to breakage. I gave up on mine when it broke for the third time; maybe I'm just careless but I've never managed to break a saw that way before or since over well over 30 years - the old Mak has been off a roof more than a few times and has yet to break once, but it has a steel base plate. For sheet materials the TS55 I replaced my WSC255 with has proven more robust and less dusty to work with. These breakages on certain Hilti saws can't be that uncommon an issue because I've seen quite a number on eBay with the self same problem (BTW £160 for a new base casting to sort it out). The smaller and bigger Hilti saws are conventional circular saws like the Bosch saws (the 235mm one is actually made by Mafell)

Can't say about the cordlesses - I use Makitas which have served me well

No - but they are damnably expensive for what they are even against the Leicas. The Hilti laser measure seems to be no better or worse than the Leica Disto I use, but again is an expensive buy in comparison

Hilti do make some good stuff, juts not the circular saws or laser stuff IMHO

Hilti dont have the WSC255 or WSC265 any more.. just the standard circular saws. I have the Hilti 22v and Hilti 36v saws and i use them for roofs, floor joists etc..
I had the Festool TS55, i got shot of it on Ebay and replaced it with the Mafell. I done the same with the Festool 400 jigsaw.
The Hilti laser measures are cheaper than the Leica, the PD4 is £59 + vat...
I have nothing against Festool, i own enough of them (Kapex, midi extractor, 420 cordless jigsaw, domino, EHL65 planer plus the OF1400 router) I use them for totally different jobs compared to the Hilti gear..
The Hilti i abuse and dont worry about dropping or getting wet etc, the Festool im a lot more carefull with

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back