brand new diamond core bit wouldnt cut butter, help!

I also think the problem is the depth of the bit. Cores need to be broken out with a hammer and chisel from time to time to allow the bit to go deeper. I started out with a basic set of TCT core drills and they could only do about 2-1/2in depth as against my present Marcrists which do a good 6 inches. Who says size isn't important! I'd agree with what others say about being wary of using am SDS+ with a large diameter core bit - the cheaper drills just don't have a clutch so if the b*gg*r snatches you might end up with a sprained wrist, or worse. I've had a few snatches in the past but fortunately not too serious (mainly my pride hurt!). Core drills are designed with proper heavy duty clutches and will prevent you getting injured.

Sponsored Links
I watched some do as mentioned.
I had drilled a couple of holes 125mm perfect same drill same corer. The said some one use the same drill and swore how crap the drill is not cutting etc went to help and got him to show me what he was doing. SDS comes to life hits wall he'd only left the hammer on and knocked all the teeth off DOH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back