Anyone any good at electric gates please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I've got a CAME ZA4 PCB and CAME F1000 motors.

Bit of a puzzler - our gates have started tripping the main RCD in the house (but never their own MCB in the garage), and I'm not familiar enough with the circuitry to work out why...

Things I've discovered so far...

With both gate motors connected, the gates operate for about a second, then the RCD trips

With the right hand motor disconnected and the left one connected, I get the same result - one second of operation then trips

With the left hand motor disconnected and the right hand motor connected, the RH gate motors all the way open. Ah-ha, thinks I, it's a faulty motor on the LHS. I'll change that and all will be well. Not so... as soon as the RH gate tries to close again, the RCD trips.

Any ideas what to test next please, or what might be causing this tripping? Also, any idea how to dismount/re-mount a motor? I've got the LHS one half out and now it'll neither come out further nor go back in!

All assistance appreciated
Andrew

Sponsored Links
Check for any water ingress. Are there any joins of boxes buried?

An RCD trips when there is leakage of current to ground or Earth, it will not trip on overload. An MCB trips on overload.

As mentioned check for moisture ingress which could be creating path for current to reach Earth

Check for any water ingress. Are there any joins of boxes buried?
No obvious ingress - I've had the covers off everything. It's also odd that it's so repeatable and predictable, especially with the RH gate which works perfectly in one direction

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back