Anyone familiar with chimney liners for gas fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am getting two chimneys rebuilt soon and would like to get the liner renewed for a gas (Gazco woodburning stove type) fire. I removed the fire a year or so ago which was a mistake. The existing liner was presumably ok but it seemed only just long enough to connect onto the fire and it will now be approaching 15 years old.

It's only one level up plus roof height to the chimney from my fire. My thoughts were asking the stonemasons to put the new liner in situ. I will get gas fitter to put the fire back and connect it.

Does this sound feasible and if so can I buy the liner and whatever else is needed at the chimney end? Thanks

Sponsored Links
I haven't spoken to him about it other than him saying he'd fit the fire

Just feel it could be a right rip off to get the liner fitted by another source when the scaffold is up and there looks like the potential to drop liner in at same time, but of course it depends how easy it is to do.

Sponsored Links
It is pretty simple but technically the gas fire installer should either do it or be very convinced that it has been done correctly.

I suppose the greatest risk might be of the liner falling out at the top and the fire not evacuating the flue gases which would be a very dangerous situation.

I hope you will have a CO monitor fitted correctly in the room!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back