Anyone fitted a Warix flang ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As above I've got a couple of questions.

Regards vectraguy.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply, and I have a new female version of the flange which seems to be just a male with a hex bush screwed onto it.

My questions are do I need to wrap ptfe tape round the male thread going into the bush, and also do the same to the male cylinder spigot attaced to my cylinder.

The flange has two fibre washers fitted one at the top and one at the bottom of the rotating body, so do I need another one where the female bush joins onto the cylinder male.

Regards vectraguy.

My questions are do I need to wrap ptfe tape round the male thread going into the bush, and also do the same to the male cylinder spigot attaced to my cylinder.

yes

The flange has two fibre washers fitted one at the top and one at the bottom of the rotating body, so do I need another one where the female bush joins onto the cylinder male.

no

haven't you sorted that pump out yet ;)

surreyflange.jpg

Sponsored Links

yes

no

haven't you sorted that pump out yet ;)

Thanks kev I am actually starting the final phase of this ongoing pump saga this afternoon and dont want any more slipups.

The first moment of truth is when I remove the existing cylinder top connection to make sure it's the right thread, it's certainly 1" but I read a post saying his Warix wouldn't screw on even though the thread was clear.

Regards vectraguy.

kev, just seen your pic, I presume the white stuff at the joints is Boss white, should I also use that in addition to the fibre washers.

vectraguy.

Yes. The best way is to fit the bush to the flange when it's away from the cylinder, then you can do this one as tight as you need to without straining the cylinder boss.

Everyone has their favourite compounds for sealing, but a good way is to wrap the male thread with PTFE tape, and then coat it with a smear of LSX just before assembling.

No - use the method above, or your own method if you prefer.

When you connect to the compression joint(s), don't wrap PTFE tape on the threads - these joints are sealed by the olive, not by the threads, and for this reason you can tell at a glance when a compression joint has been assembled by someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

Take your time, and use the correct size of open-ended spanners for the nuts, and you won't go far wrong.

Well guys I started the job at about 13.15 and just this minute finished.

It wasn't uneventful by no means with pipes not lining up, and at first the flange top washer was weeping, but I'm now a very happy and proud 75 year old who succeded, but only due to this great forum and it's fine members who helped me through it.

Tonight I'm getting out my 18 year old malt whisky to celebrate.

One thing the wife and I will have to be careful with is how much we turn the hot taps on because the stuff justs belts out, like never before in 50 years in this house, and the auto pump switching is working perfectly.

Best regards vectraguy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back