Anyone fitted one of the toilets from ALDI from a while back

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a toilet and washbasin from aldi a few months back, just getting round to fitting it :confused: it's a close coupled cistern but the instructions are a little vague, there are 3 plastic bungs in the holes that allow the water into the pan.

I thought they were there to stop anything getting in there during shipping but when I pulled one out they have holes drilled in them, are they meant to change the flow of the water so it goes right round the pan or are they just shipping bungs :rolleyes: I don't know whether to leave them in or not.

Also there is no hole in the cistern for the overflow pipe, is the toilet designed so that any excess water goes down the pan if it overflows :?:

I knew I should have taken it out of the box when I bought it :D

Sponsored Links
Arn't two holes for the bolts to bolt the cistern to the toilett ? The bungs with holes in are probably rubber dome washers to put the bolt through to seal around the bolt.

One hole is for the inlet water pipe where the float valve goes - this may have another rubber dome washer to seal around the pipe connector.

the big hole down the middle is where the flush goes, with a built in overflow.

dal5band said:
Arn't two holes for the bolts to bolt the cistern to the toilett ? The bungs with holes in are probably rubber dome washers to put the bolt through to seal around the bolt.

One hole is for the inlet water pipe where the float valve goes - this may have another rubber dome washer to seal around the pipe connector.

the big hole down the middle is where the flush goes, with a built in overflow.

These holes are in the pan part not the cistern part, I found a helpline number in the box earlier but all I get is an answerphone

The pic below shows what I mean :)

DSC_0497.jpg

Sponsored Links
I think most toiltes flush down the middle AND round the sides but you never see the three connections - they are built in as one casting with just one connection for the cistern.

You must have a matching cistern that sits and seals on top. Has the cistern got three spouts or does it just empty into the overall space ? However it is , there must be a rubber gasket to seal all round ? or are you supposed to use silicone sealant ?

This is a new one on me !!!

Thats a new one for me!

I did not know that ALDI or LIDLE ever had toilets for their customers.

They cannot even give their customers plastic bags!

Tony

dal5band said:
I think most toiltes flush down the middle AND round the sides but you never see the three connections - they are built in as one casting with just one connection for the cistern.

You must have a matching cistern that sits and seals on top. Has the cistern got three spouts or does it just empty into the overall space ? However it is , there must be a rubber gasket to seal all round ? or are you supposed to use silicone sealant ?

There is a rubber gasket and silicone to seal the joint, what I don't know is whether to remove the plastic bungs in the 3 holes as per the picture :confused:

I would say yes remove the bungs. The holes look about right for flushing. You only have about 9 inches of pressure from the cictern so you won't get a proper flush if you leave the bungs in - the hole in the bungs won't be big enough.

Try it in the garden - just the loo. Pour a bucket of water down the the three holes with and without the bungs - see which gives you a flush.

Why would the bungs be there other than to control flow of water? Since there is no other explanation, they must be there for that reason.

On closer looking, I think ChrisHutt may be right. The three plastic bungs probably have equal sized holes to equalise the flow in the three directions. I would think the holes need to be pretty big though - around an inch diameter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back