Anyone help with replacing double glazing gaskets please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, bit new here but after some help.
i have replaced all my aluminium framed externaly beaded window hinges and gaskets on the opening windows but cant see how to remove the non opening window frames to repalce the gasket. its like a frame inside a frame if that makes sense
i have removed one glass unit by removing the internal wedge and the external beads but there seems to be just two screws at the bottom of the frame, nothing at the sides or top and as the 2 screws at the bottom are rounded out and stuck fast i am reluctant to drill them out not knowing what they do.
there is a decayed seal between the two sections of aluminium frame that i want to replace.
any help or advice would be much appreciated.
i have attached a link to a photo i hope
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f383/holidaychicken/WINDOWS/IMG_02591.jpg

Sponsored Links
Save yourself the hassle, that looks like brush pile draught excluder and it'll be slid into a groove into each section before its assembled, its only the mitres that stop it sliding out

hi, thanks for the reply, its the same plastic covered foam that i have replaced in all the other windows with new bubble gasket which works a treat, my question is, how do i get to it?
cheers

You will probaly find you was almost there, remove the glass to reveal the screws if that is a dummy sash then it will probaly be held with the 2 screws at the bottom and will be on hinges so will just push out from the bottom

Sponsored Links
thanks God, i will give that a try and let you know how it goes

hi, you were spot on, i used the trusty impact driver to remove the 2 screws and it opened up like a normal window with 2 hinges at the top, although there was another unused hinge at the bottom as well which was weird and caused a bit of a problem so i have removed it altogether.
i checked out a window at the front as well which was really long and thin and that was the same.
i can order up some more bubble gasket now and carry on.

thanks very much for your help

Andy :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back