anyone know anything about MySQL, Apache or PHP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

If anyone knows what these things are, could they please let me know.

If I were to use ebay as an example, my understanding is this:

MySQL is populating the databases of users, listings etc.

Apache is the server that connects the aplication server to the MySQL database, while PHP is the language used to code the whole thing together, while HTML is what the web server front end is programmed in...

is this about right?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
MySQL is a database, it can be used to store many things, but users, forum posts, etc is a common usage.

Apache is the server, it just serves up pages to the client.

PHP is a language used to do many things, but in this context it handles dynamic creation of pages and interfaces with the MySQL server.

HTML is the language which the pages themselves are sent in for the client (the browser) to render.

Sponsored Links
More or less yes. Why you thinking of learning XHTML & CSS plus some database programming..?

HTML is very easy to understand so to is CSS.

CSS stands for (Cascading Style Sheet) and HTML stands for (Hyper Text Markup Langauge). MySQL is complicated to learn where as PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor. It is a recursive acronym; the first "P" stands for "PHP," It originally stood for Personal Home Page, but was renamed when the language fell into common use on the web, at version 3.0

If you require a website that teaches web development and how to code then Google something along the lines of "HTML & CSS For Beginners it should give you a long list of useful websites to learn all about coding and what they do.

No, you're missing "Hes a mac fanboy idiot..." and added at the end he also doesn't know what hes talking about.

Ah, but you see, 'idiot' and 'doesn't know what he's talking about' are implied by 'mac fanboy'. ;)

Arrr but whilst that is true what I meant was on top of not knowing what he's talking about hes also plainly an idiot as well as being a mac fanboy (an idiot). Basically the blokes a triple idiot, as evidenced but the dense posts he makes, mac fanboy doesn't quiet cut the mustard in this respect he transcends it. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back