Anyone know how Soundboard can be used?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have very thin walls in the house and hear quite alot of what goes on next door. We're planning to re-plaster the bedroom and was thinking of using this. Most of the information sugggests putting in a wall that is in no contact with the other wall. We can't afford to lose this much space though.

I've seen 'soundboard' for sale but can't find much info about it. If I mount this on battens to the wall will this be better than the current plaster thats on their? Old solid plaster with a skim on top. Alternatively some really thin kingspan in the gap between wall and board.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
On a site i'm working on in the toilets they are installing a sound proof and moisture resistant palsterboard, not sure how effective it is but you could double skin with the sound proof board?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back