Anyone know of a decent slimline combi - Baxi Neta Tec?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title suggests. Anything close to 380mm width would do the trick.
For 8 rads / 1 bathroom. Looked at Worcester / Vaillant but the smaller ones seem to be 400mm width as standard.
Any info appreciated.

Sponsored Links
A Baxi Neta Tec fits the bill size wise. I know these are pretty new, but does anyone have any knowledge on these?

I've installed half a dozen of these, nice boiler, 5 year guarantee at the moment as well.

Is this a viable alternative to a Worcester? The WB was my first choice but is not compact enough. Any other options in a small combi? I've had a look but don't fancy the Ideal.
Crezzer thanks for the info. Are these your preferred choice to fit, or what your customers ask for?
I appreciate the Baxi Neta Tec is pretty new, so reliability could be an issue. They have a 5 year warranty - but do Baxi give a decent back up? Cheers in advance.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't fit a WB, overpriced and not very good IMO. I fit baxi's all the time and I think they have one of the best after sales team there is...

Fortunately I've never needed to use them.

I think some glowworms are slim to fit inside a cupboard.

Customers dont normally choose boiler makes.

Installers usually force them on the customers, more often as a result of mark up aspects ( supplier discounts etc. ) rather than the best boiler for a particular application.

To keep most five year warrantees you need to have the boiler serviced and have the record shown on the Benchmark Card.

The reliability mostly revolves on the installer cleaning the system properly.

Many now bypass that by fitting a magnetic filter instead of any cleaning!

Look out for the sticker from the inhibitor !

Tony

Is there an obvious choice between the Baxi and the Glow worm? Both seem to be available with a 5 year warranty.
As for installation, is there an advantage in choosing someone from the manufacturers website ie an approved installer, or is experience in fitting the particular boiler of greater benefit?

Neither guarantees a good job, ask around friends and family and try and get a recommendation..

I would choose the Baxi over the Gloworm purely on a build quality and ease to work on perspective. The Gloworm build quality has been significantly poorer for a good while now and I'm fed up of leaking flexicoms! Personally I detest Baxi boilers but none of my usual choices would fit in the space you have available. I wouldn't use the slimmest Worcester (greenstar junior) anyway as in comparison to the greenstar CDI it's a pish poor boiler with a ridulous prv placement and the damage resulting from a blocked/frozen condensate is normally a fan and if you're really unlucky a gas valve also.

The Netatec is 390mm wide though?

glowworm flexicoms are pretty small. with a direct rear flue so no room needed above. not sure of dimensions tho.

i have fitted a few of these over the years, they did have a problem with some new fangled hose clips inside, but reverted to good old fashioned jubilee clips. all the services i have done recently showed no problems. only had to recharge one expansion vessel out of about 20 boilers

The Viessman Vitodens 100 W Compact will also fit like a glove. I trust this is a slightly more expensive boiler, but is it a better bet than the Baxi? I am struggling to compare the two!

A Baxi Neta Tec fits the bill size wise. I know these are pretty new, but does anyone have any knowledge on these?
I had this boiler installed on the 8th Nov 2011...the Heateam engineers have now been called out twice and we are waiting for them again cos the boiler has failed for the 3rd time.
I have subsequently been informed by the installer that there is an inherent fault with the gas valve that Baxi have still not solved.
This was confirmed by the engineer, who on his last visit fitted a new valve and a new circuit board.....this lasted approx. 2 weeks and once again we are without heating.
It would appear from investigations that Baxi are clueless as to the remedy...and this fault is widespread with these new boilers....I intend to ask for a complete replacement for another boiler....

The netatec is a new boiler and unknown quantity so you take your chances, reports I've heard so far seem to be mixed. The earlier flexicoms had a number of problems, mostly leaks but also ignition issues, but all these have been sorted and its actually a decent product now. I dont think long term there would be a great deal between them, although the 5yr warranty for Glowworms is only with an approved installer. Might be better seeing what your installer thinks and maybe has more experience of. I'd personally go with the Glowworm but Im biased :)

the glowworm flexicom will fit, as said they had a problem with the hose on the heat exchanger splitting, but glowworm have great back up service next day most times, had a service call on a ideal once, 7 days later they arrived, by which point i fixed it myself looks good with the customer when you tell them, its a short cut to a black eye

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back