Anyone know what this is

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have moved into a new house 12 months old and the is a pipe on the outside of the house that i cannot identify but appears to have a slow water leak. We have also noted a dripping water noise coming fro the internal wall almost as if something is overflowing

Any help appreciated

GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
No.
And don't worry about it just ask any plumber you call if he/she is competent to work on unvented cylinders (some aren't)

Sponsored Links
Excellent thanks very much. Bank holiday weekend so may have to wait until Tuesday if I can't get one out

Remove the four screws and I think it will let you see what is actually lurking behind what I reckon is just a cover for "What Lurks Inside"!!

If it is an outlet for temp/pressure relief its wrong, should be visible (its a warning pipe)

It's not some sort of insulator to stop the condensate pipe from freezing?

It's not some sort of insulator to stop the condensate pipe from freezing?

That was my thought also, have you removed the four screws yet? Also have you got a combi on the other side of the wall??

If it is the condensation pipe from the combi, I'm not sure if it meets legal requirements, I was under a impression it MUST go in a drainage system, not a soak away.

If it is the condensation pipe from the combi, I'm not sure if it meets legal requirements, I was under a impression it MUST go in a drainage system, not a soak away.

It is allowed to go to a soakaway but must meet M.I.s for distance from building (usually500mm for the boilers we fit). If new build i'm surprised it is'nt fitted into internal drain though.

Have you got a combi boiler, or have you got a hot water cylinder? What colour?

It makes a big difference to the correct answer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back