Anyone on here do KRAV MAGA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im new on here and to the world of KRAV MAGA. was wondering if anyone else tried it and what they thought? or perhaps recommend an alternative martial arts discipline to adopt?

Sponsored Links
Nope, always wanted to give a go but probably getting a bit old for it now. Plus I'm away a lot.

Never too old , I do something called Sanjuro, fairly new MA involving all types of moves and taking the best from all MA.I have known the chief instructor for about 25 years, has a back ground in kickboxing and various MA's. Developed this type as he was tired of the rigid structure of most MA's.
Many classes around London with a wide variety students from all over the world.
http://www.sanjuromartialarts.com/

Krav Maga is just a variation on jiu jitsu, more for self defence, jiu jitsu has little to do with fitness, the 8th dan I training with looked like an overweight scaffolder but new his stuff.

Sponsored Links
Not currently, but my dad taught me a few moves back when he used to attend lessons. I think I only remember one move though.. :rolleyes:

You should be greatful ! Even one move can save your life ! Howeverit is advisable to learn more ;) i think so.

Find someone who was in the royal marines he might teach you a few moves
But be prepared to get knocked about a bit or take up boxing

I have a friend who showed me a few moves. Actually, I think I was just his punching bag for practice, but it was enough to make me want to find out more. I've not found a reputable place or person to teach me out here, yet, but I've been looking for a new workout routine. It also doesn't hurt to know how to defend myself in close-quartered situations, so I'd say KM is the way to go.

I always wanted to learn it but never had a chance. Although I had learned Tae kwon do for self defense.

Not Krav Maga however I do fancy trying it like a few other people here. I have done self defence which was good however the instructor couldn't count when it came to fee's so we had a disagreement and after he decided to yell at me in front of the rest of the class regarding his mistake with the fee's and calling me a liar I decided it was time to depart. No professionalism and considering others have left for the same reason surely bells should be ringing but I don't think they care about the club.

On another note though I have found another club which is Ninjitsu and I love it the instructor is great, easy going, great and explaining things and gives you the help you need then lets you get on with it. Not only this but everyone is treated as an individual so if your progressing quicker than other white belts say he will give you something else to do which is a bit more challenging to progress you so your never kept bored! I really enjoy it the different aspects of the training are things like weapons, unarmed, use of surroundings, other peoples force to your advantage and all the traditions as well being turned into modern applications.

I know Ii have gone on a bit but hey its my 2 cents worth as my hobby! :)

Try Llap Goch. All these other martial arts are wimpy.

Wing chun.

My sifu is austin goh. Been doing it a couple of years. Cant go every week due to work commitments.
considering taking up fuijan white crane as well as thats weekday evenings as oppised to my Saturday class

Sponsored Links
Back