I have some tanking slurry and wondered if this is effective on floors as a damproof membrane. Anyone used it on concrete floors, im going to try it with a brush to get a thin even coat, what sort of thickness anyone recommend ?
Well, thanks chaps i guess im a pioneer then, and you can learn a few things..
I had some KA tanking left over so i applied it on the damp patches on the floor. I know that the external wall has a level issue but hey ho, its been like that for 120 years, so lets see what happens, if it works ive saved my self a back breaking job, digging a trench and laying a external DPM and wall flashing.
I tried a similar product on my cellar floor which has a penetrating damp issue. It worked in areas that just looked damp but has failed in one area where the water seeps up through the concrete every time it rains.
Unfortunately the side wall is partly below the adjacent garden level ( due to the terraced anture of the house, so I'm prevaricating and avoiding the obvious upcoming digging session!
If there's a way to fix it without digging I'd gladly try it.
Thanks Tipper, I have a similar setup, with the level below next door.
An update, I tried this and it looks like it hasn't worked. A small area hasn't dried.
I'm not positive where the mains water pipe runs, it may run under that floor to the kitchen. Perhaps I have a mains water seepage. But by water meter doesn't register any obvious leakage. Do I dig a trench and DPM the outside or dig up the floor and check for water seepage. At the end of the say it'll be a expensive and messy 50/50 lottery!
Here a pic after 24hrs of the tanking drying.