Anyone recognise this valved dust mask? Would like more of them

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought some at a car boot sale. I'm finding them really good and comfortable to wear for long periods. Probably not all that cheap because it seems a good quality one

The "D" the make? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6475.JPG
    IMG_6475.JPG
    180.8 KB · Views: 119
Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thanks. You're right not cheap eh? Have never found one so comfortable though. Also seemed to work brilliantly too. The second I've removed them I feel aware of dust I was avoiding

You'd be better served with a JSP face fit mask with press to check filters. They'll last longer and cost less. They're really not that uncomfortable either.

Sponsored Links
You'd be better served with a JSP face fit mask with press to check filters. They'll last longer and cost less. They're really not that uncomfortable either.

Looked at JSP stuff but not sure which you mean. Mask that has separate filters?

14194_P.jpg
Damned uncomfortable things. That link shows a pack of five for £18. I don't think that is expensive at all.

I've got a Drager mask with interchangable filters. Never find it particularly great in use.

As you say, £18 for five only just over £3.50 each, so not too bad really and I'd say they are very, very good

View attachment 133763 Damned uncomfortable things. That link shows a pack of five for £18. I don't think that is expensive at all.

Depending on brand and model I don't find they're uncomfortable at all. The JSP press to check offer face fit testing there and then, in turn offering better protection.

Even though they're FFP3 masks they're not allowed on many jobs these days because FFP3 masks with the press to check filters are better. Face fit testing is also a new money maker for people and some builders insist you've been tested before using respiratory protection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on brand and model I don't find they're uncomfortable at all. The JSP press to check offer face fit testing there and then, in turn offering better protection.

Even though they're FFP3 masks they're not allowed on many jobs these days because FFP3 masks with the press to check filters are better. Face fit testing is also a new money maker for people are some builders insist you've been tested before using respiratory protection.

That's interesting. My Drager is pretty old with twisted elastic covered in goodness knows what but I do use it from time to time, these days mostly with vapour filters rather than dust. Nice light paper type mask is surely always going to be a bit more comfortable to wear though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back