Makita Jigsaws- Anyone got one? The 4351fct & djv181z

Not all of them :D

View attachment 111903

and I think we'd already established that your GST135BCE was hardly in the best of condition. You never did tell us what blades you were using (and whose). I'm often surprised at how quickly some blades degrade if you cut tight curves with them - particularly the cheaper carbon steel ones. I think a lot of people aren't aware of how quickly jigsaw blades blunt and so keep on using them until there are virtully no teeth left. And more than a few of the guys I've worked with nover the years have no idea of what is available in terms of blades, nor of how to choose an appropriate blade for the task at hand (and contract managers are generally just plain ignorant). And they're joiners

Interesting that you say it's super expensive. Only in comparison with DIY kit, I'd say. Anyway, glad you've found something which suits you. Oh, and I'll let you into a little secret - many tradesmen use their jigsaws for lighter demolition and ripping-out work because (in my experience) so few have recip saws. But they don't need them, because they have jigsaws....

BTW, want to test your saw to the max for straight cutting? Try it with a Bosch T744D or T1044D blade

oh yeah I remember about your P1 ;) however it's in way different league,isn't it?
I have a nice collection of all kind of bosch/makita/dewalt blades in stock in just about any size/type imaginable , I bend/brake them faster than they can wear down however..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back