Anyone Used No-More Ply?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Still getting my head around the whole plasterboard/tanking vs backer boards in a shower area.

Basically I have one wall that is already plasterboarded and skimmed, the other wall adjoining this is for me to build over some pipes to box them in. This is the corner where our shower is going.

I am still confused as whether to use plasterboard or ply for the boxing in, given that the already existing wall is plasterboard and then tank the whole area?

The alternative is to use no-more ply for the boxing in but this would still leave me with a plasterboard wall that would require tanking? I have read that backer boards need breathing space and if I were to put these on the existing wall I would need to batten it out, or could I screw the backer board directly to the plasterboard?

Sorry for the questions!!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back