Anyone want these...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have 3 lights that I need to dispose of. They were found at the bottom of the garden when I moved into the house a few years ago. I was just going to take them to the council recycling centre but having done a little research, I think they deserve better.

They are marked as 'Hayes of Wigan' and seem to be industrial light fittings from the 1950s. They are about 6 feet in length and I've wired up one and it still works. I just don't have the time or skill needed to fully restore them.

Anyone interested or have suggestions?

Cheers.
20160521_151423.jpg

Sponsored Links
They look like ATEX rated fittings - are you sure they are as old as you think? The glands also look like they may be old style Hawke 501 ExD which points to EX too....

Yes they do look EX fittings possibly from an old spray booth, there worth a lot but finding someone is the problem, they may make restaurant showpeices but unlikely someone would risk reusing them in an EX envirement.
Old retro lighting is very popular someone like http://www.drewpritchard.co.uk/pages/about may advise someone local to you,shame in london they would snap them up

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

I have 3 lights that I need to dispose of. They were found at the bottom of the garden when I moved into the house a few years ago. I was just going to take them to the council recycling centre but having done a little research, I think they deserve better.

They are marked as 'Hayes of Wigan' and seem to be industrial light fittings from the 1950s. They are about 6 feet in length and I've wired up one and it still works. I just don't have the time or skill needed to fully restore them.

Anyone interested or have suggestions?

Cheers.View attachment 102118

I have sent you a PM..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back